CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

TRIBUTE OF THE WEEK: Britta (the Vixen) Vaughn

Where do I start? I seriously think that BV walks on water! Over the last few years, I have become better acquainted with this little gem. For the longest time I knew so much about her, but had never met her. It was upon meeting her that I felt like I had already known her a lifetime. I know she wasn't too sure about me at first because the only thing she knew (or could remember) about me is that I gave Spencer an arse kicking via email (Is it wrong that I am sorry AND still not sorry for writing him that?) Anyway, I believe I scared the crap out of her initially but I hope she's seen the real me and as long as she doesn't crosses me I won't need to pull out the big guns on her. (I kid).

Just a few things about my friend Britta:

- She is so amazingly beautiful! Her eyes are so genuine (How YOU doin'?) and she has the ability to tear down walls instantly and draw you in.

- Her kids are freakin' adorable! That little Elle (mini-Michelle) makes me laugh so hard!

- She has priceless perspective and wisdom beyond her years, for which she freely shares for the benefit others. I know that my life has personally been enlightened by her advice and knowledge.

- She's amazingly self-less. BV oozes genuine love, she's compassionate and cares for those she comes in contact with.

- Britta (and my sister Ann) are the most courageous mothers I know. How does BV make the chaos into magic? She gives me hope that one day I can take on work, children, husband, serving others, and the ups and downs of life and still survive...AND look so good doing it?

- What a unique personality! She has one of the most clever sense of humors I've ever encountered. I swear...the things that come out of her mouth some times...

- She and I don't have to be the bestest of bff's for her to be willing to be there for me and she has been.

- She is one of the most amazing women that I know and I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

The morale of the story: I hope I can always be on the "B-Side". Britta, thank you for what you've done for me and for just being so damn cool.

7 comments:

lizzo said...

True, true. Although my interactions with Britta are limited, she is amazing.

buzzanna said...

I feel like I know her too, after reading Michelle's baby nookie post about her friend "Fritta", could this be a coincidence?

Melissa and Jeff said...

She sounds great. It's always good to have people like that in your life.

Kristin said...

I have to admit this post conjured up all sorts of mixed feelings in me (so much that I'm barely commenting). First, I wish I knew Britta better. Second, I'm totally jealous that she is (or seems to be) closer to you and Michelle than me. And third (most important), I'm so grateful that you and Shell have such great friends in your lives. I love you and miss you!

bv said...

Amy, Thank you and please know you give me way too much credit. I'm not even sure what to say and can only tell you that I am sitting at my desk in tears for so many reasons reading this. Today of all days is painful and excrutiating and so you thank you for thinking so much more of me than I possibly deserve. You are WONDERFUL, AMAZING and yes you scared the crap out of me. You also warmed my heart today during a time when I feel particularly deflated. YOU are MY blessing, lady love and I do so love you and cannot thank you enough. I feel painfully inadequate...and again thank you so much for making me feel like a real and complete person.

Tink *~*~* said...

That was an awesome tribute. You're a true friend!

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

The Lingwalls said...

Bert is alright, I guess...

I need to do a tribute to you! Can I just take one second to tell you how much I love you??? I CANNOT believe the time and effort you put in tonight! I love you, baby and I'll crawl into bed with you anytime! Mormon girls rule!