CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TRIBUTE OF THE WEEK: Bono and Ms. Lowder



What? Okay, stay with me. So, Bono (and the boyz) introduced Michelle and I to a little British band called STEREOPHONICS. We were attending a few U2 shows at Madison Square Garden in 2001 and Stereophonics was the opening act. We were instantly fans!!!!

How does this relate to Lowder? Well, we introduced Lowder to their music and it was love at first listen. (It didn't hurt that she thought the lead was the hottest thing since Val Kilmer. ) Stereophonics made a stop here a few years...and Lowder was so excited to go with us to the show until she learned that she would be in Italy. Oops.

So, several years later, Stereophonics are finally back in the states, but not coming to Utah. So we MUST take Lowder to finally see them this weekend and that is exactly what we are going to do....in Portland AND Seattle. I'm quite excited because
1) I've always wanted to go to the Northwest...I've never been
2) A girls trip is always fun
3) I can't wait to see Lowder's face when she gets to lay her eyes on Stereophonics
....and well, a good concert is never to be missed!

So....thanks Bono and Lowder for having good taste in music...at least this time.... (Kanye, Kelis and Air Supply, Rascal Flatts are VERY questionable).

SIDE NOTE: Though we met Mare just last March, turns out she was at the two of the same Stereophonics shows that Michelle and I were at in the last 8 years. What a small freakin' world!!!! I think we were "nent to dee". Mare, I'm happy that we actually get to see them together.

2 comments:

JennJam said...

OH MY WORD, pleeeeaaassseeee tell me that the Stereophonics shows will also feature 'People In Planes,' who is also from Wales?!

Stereo and P-In-P are touring together here on 'my coast' soon, too . . . you are in for a treat with P-In-P if you get to see them and haven't heard their music. I haven't seen them live, granted, but I love their two albums. Their second one was just released last week . . . check 'em!

Ang said...

I LOVE THIS TRIBUTE!!! Thank you so very much