CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"You're Not Alone..."

...rang between my ears today... and it turns out it wasn't a lie.


Today I attended a local Tea Party downtown and we partied like it was 1776. It was so much fun!!! (Lots of seriously hot guys too.) But in all seriousness, I felt a surge of patriotism as I participated in an act so fundamentally American...no matter our message.

But there was a strong message, one that I adamantly believe in...PASSIONATELY in fact!! I have found that despite a very few people, I've stood relatively alone in my beliefs within my social circles. My beliefs have not been popular at all and that is fine...truly because I'm secure enough in them to stand on my own two feet. But I have to admit that it was SO NICE to be amongst similar minded people today (and not just a few but 2,500 to 3,000 in my little city.) Additionally, it gave me so much hope within me that the America I know and I love still exists on some level. I had really worried that this wasn't the case and it has bothered me A LOT (that's an understatement).

Notable SLC rally highlights (besides the uniting message):

1. While I'm yelling "booo" with the rest of the crowd, Michelle insists I'm saying "moooo". LOL. Stop with the fat jokes.
2. At the mention of Senators Hatch and Bennett, the crowd started chanting "Send them home"...hell ya! Vote their out of office already! TERM LIMITS!
3. It was pouring down rain, then (sideways) snow...IT WAS COLD yet we all stuck it out. Us Rocks!
4. A sea of umbrellas...normal for Seattle, not SLC.
5. Non-partisan responsibility: A call for both Democrates and Repulicans change or else...
6. Hot guys, kids, business people, moms, veterans, grandparents (one couple with a sign saying "Stop stealing from my grandkids"), dogs...did I mention hot guys. Congressman Jason Chaffetz too...I love that guy (but I still think even he needs term limits).
7. And finally losts of great signs that sum up our purpose for gathering with these messages...

"Elephants and Asses are screwing the masses."

"Stop DC Pirates."

"I'll keep my guns, freedoms and money, you keep the CHANGE."









(I don't know what that means.)




Now to those friends, family and co-workers who disagree with my thoughts, opinions and beliefs there is something that you need to know...

The liberal media have and do call me an "idiot" and "freak" (and worse) just for having different beliefs from theirs. However, I totally expect you to be respectful to me where they they have failed. You can count on me to be respectful to you. This doesn't mean that we have to agree and we can have conversations but I will not be made fun of or put down. There are many things for which I can laugh at myself about and endure the teasing...but on this subject, I cannot. I take this stuff very serious and as result I have no sense of humor on this.

To those who share my beliefs...don't be afraid to stand up for them because the morale of this story is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

luvin the new background! And I'll tell you all about tea bagging...not that I've ever experienced it. Yea 2nd amendment!

Achtung Amy! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Achtung Amy! said...

Will you please provide me with pictures? According to MSNBC, I'm too stupid to read.

I love that your mom went to a Tea Party too.

So, is Lurleen the one that taught you about t-bagging?

Kristin said...

I so wanted to be there and the more I hear about it the more I wish I'd gone. It would've been rough with the kiddos. Oh well! Know that you too are not alone... I'm right there with you! Love ya'!

Achtung Amy! said...

Yah, the kiddos in the sideway snow would've been tough. It won't be the last one...come next time...maybe around the 4th of the July. That's just my guess.