CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

American Idle

Ever feel like God is trying to get a message to you? Not just once or twice but many times through many different means...BIG MEANS? Well, He's been trying to get to me...and I finally heard it loud and clear.


My name is Amy and I am an American Idle. Basically, I am lazy or rather I have become even more so as of late. I can't blame it on much. Winter blues use to be a good reason but not so much any more. Its just that I LOVE TV and watch too much. (sigh) I don't exercise enough and the guilt is getting to me. I eat out too much because cooking takes time and effort. I live by the motto..."Diet Starts Tomorrow" but tomorrow never seems to come. I haven't even worked on new hobbies or talents in a long time. I hope I can find them under that bushel where I left them. So basically...I'm dating my sofa (its a nice lay...LMAO, I crack myself up).

I didn't EVEN go into the things of a more spiritual nature but you get my drift...I have let myself go to (spiritual) pot too.

Lets face it...I am not happy. I am wasting my life away here! Hence the giant blimp from the Lord. "I hear you loud and clear now."

I wrote down a quote about a year ago...it haunts me today: "Don't let *someday* get away from you. In this aspect, time becomes your enemy." Tell me about it...its how I spent most of my 20's and the ememy won that battle...but not the war.

What a mess...where to start, where to start? I think the first baby step has to be a BIG step....I think the TV has to go. DID I JUST SERIOUSLY SAY THAT!?? (cold sweats). Honestly, if my leg is sceptic, it has to be cut off to save my life right? (Too much E.R. and Grey's Anatomy...case in point.) I think I'm to this point.

Hopefully I can talk my roommate into the elimination of our satellite dish STAT (while I'm still hearing God's message ringing in my ears and feeling brave). How bad can it be? Lowder and Michelle without. (Oh man, this is gonna hurt.)


Now...what to do with five extra hours a night? Oh boy...I've been working on a list for quite some time waiting for "tomorrow" to come. It would include the basics of exercise, cooking dinner, scripture study, etc. But some other things I'd like to try:

- reading more...(I pretty much suck at it but have longed to be an avid reader)
- golf and more golf
- take karate lessons...REALLY!
- attend a tea party (no, a real one)
- play the guitar more
- learn to sew (and sow)
- under water basket weaving
- plant a garden....or maybe just a herb or two
- I could really stand to do some service
- exercise some more
- actually socialize with people rather than objects that require a mouse or remote
- perfect my origami skills
- photography
- catch up on 3 years worth of music (talk radio is such a downer)
- paint (this one is for Carrie)

I am NOT judging anyone that watches T.V. I am just saying that you likely have much more self-control than me. 40 hours a week CANNOT be good for the soul (or sole).

"Slothfulnes (laziness/procrastination) casteth into a deep sleep; an idle soul shall suffer hunger." - Proverbs 19:15

...and its time I wake up because man, I am hungry.

Thank you Lord for loving me despite myself and keeping after me. I was "Lost" in my own
lazy hell "24" hours a day. Please help me with a "Prison Break" of my old self with an "Exteme Makeover" so I can go from living a life in "Scrubs" as "Ugly Betty" to the "Biggest Loser". No more living the life of an "American Idle".

9 comments:

Singing Reep said...

Amen Sister....Jon would love to get rid of our TV....I'm the one dragging my feet. But, after reading your blog today...I feel it's a little bit more do-able! Thanks!

Kristin said...

You are hilarious! I love how funny you can be even as you break the shackles. You go girl! And while you're at it... come by my place and say hello. :D

Love you!

lizzo said...

I hear ya! I don't think I could get rid of TV though. I know it's lowsy. What can I say?

buzzanna said...

I'm laughing at your post. I thought our TV was broke the other day and was literally in a "cold sweat" within seconds. It was pretty pathetic.

Truth be told, it wasn't about me, I think we're addicted to Barney.

Achtung Amy! said...

UPDATE: I did it. I cancelled. They asked when I wanted it to take place...I said "Immediately...I fear I'll change my mind."

Michelvis said...

I must say, you will LOVE it. You're not missing out on much and think of the free time. ANd let's face it, you DO need a break from talk radio and the news. It's good to be aware but for your own sanity's sake, take a break.

I can't wait for you to realize how much better life is WITHOUT tv.

Anderson said...

You forgot to add 1 thing to your list. -Meet up with an old friend Shannon for a soda or maybe we could even go for a run down legacy parkway, that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I would love to see you.

Achtung Amy! said...

LOL...Shannon...that would be great but can we run (wait, I'm still a walking aspiring runner) first before a soda?

Michelvis: I never said I was going to give up talk radio. That is asking way TOO MUCH!

JennJam said...

Wait, you'll still get network tv, right?

Lost only has ONE MORE SEASON and Prison Break ends this Friday night (5/15/09) FOREVER.

Wait, I'm not helping you, am I?

Sorry!

Love, your friendly enabler, JJ.