CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Morale of the Story is...

FACE YOUR FEARS...OVER COME YOUR WEAKNESSES!

I was in charge of coordinating our stake blood drive for my ward. This required me to spend a number of hours with the Red Cross workers during the drive.


Well, a few hours into the bank we heard a loud "bang". Someone had fainted but NOT JUST ANYONE...a phlebotomist!!! Turns out, the poor guy passes out at the "sight of blood". ITS HIS JOB! Its his job and not because anyone made him. I doubt its the only job he could ever have. Its his job because he chose it. He wanted to face his weakness...his fear, and make it his strength and according to his supervisor, he was doing really well.

What an example to me. I just might stop and think about that next time I fear something or question my ability to do something.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

And that's why I'm a mom!

JennJam said...

I'm gonna become a professional skydiver or tarantula holder.

Or, a Democrat. :)

Achtung Amy! said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one Jamison.