CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Ty Guy!

I'm the proud aunt of Tyler...he just turned 5 years old this weekend and he's the most adorable 5 year old around!

My Ty guy was born without an ear. Well, he has part of an ear but nothing that resembles much of one. I know that his cute mom (my sister Ann) has been concerned about how kids would react to this set back. More importantly, how Tyler would handle their reaction (kids can be so mean). Well, just this past weekend, there was an exchange on the soccer field between some kid and Tyler about this particular subject. This is how it went down:

Ann: "Hey Ty, what was that kid saying to you at your soccer game?"

Ty: "He said that I had an ugly ear."

Ann: "Well that isn't a very nice thing for him to say."

Ty: "I know.... I thought he had an ugly face, but I didn't say anything."

Ann: (had to walk away because I was laughing so hard)


LOL. I think my lil Ty guy is going to be JUST FINE!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

LOL... That's awesome... that he didn't take it bad, that he thought the response AND that he didn't say it! AWESOME!

lizzo said...

I love it. How cute is he? You don't have a thing to worry about.

Melissa and Jeff said...

I LOVE it!! That is very cool...

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Watch it, Lori had the same attitude and we all see how she turned out! Tell her that her face looks like a potato and watch her kick your can!

LDeSbian said...

Carrie is right. I remember being called chinless and I'd call the other kids brainless. I had a chin, just not all of it. Lurlene was the one that told me to call them brainless.
Sounds like Tyler had a great personality!!

bv said...

This is a great story and I love that he was smart enough to not fire off his mouth back!