CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I am Thankful For In 2008

- Love.
- Childhood friendships renewed.
- Music. After being lost in talk radio, I rediscovered music and didn't realize how much I missed it. It makes me feel alive.
- Edward Cullen.
- Color.
- Running shoes who forgive me though they have been neglected. (I'm baaaack!)
- President Hinckley.
- Diet Dr. Pepper.
- My Ward. Its the land of misfit toys but they are all great examples to me of enduring the toughest trials, living faithfully and doing so with a smile.
- SHOES! They always make me happy.
- My father, who treats my mother with the most utmost love, adoration, and respect a human can give.
- America.
- My discovery of 40's music. I love it!
- Hearts that can heal. Sins that can be forgiven. Trials that can be overcome.
- The many examples of good and healthy celestial marriages in my life and the dream that I will have one someday.
- 2012.
- Inside jokes....galore!
- Santa Claus and Jordan Knight. Both remind me of my very perfect and happy childhood. Where's a time machine.
- Brave people, who do the hard and scary thing despite the resistance. They are great examples to me.
- Hair color. Lots of hair color.
- Uyen's return to Utah. Yeah!
- Dr. Carrie.
- The prophetic messages of the scriptures and the application in my life. Its scary.
- My Family. They have been surprisingly non-judgemental and supportive. I underestimated them. I love them so much!
- Gummy bears.
- Being a girl. Makeup, hair, heels, cloths, perfumes...I love it all (in a non-gay way).
- Rated G movies. They too can be VERY entertaining...and guilt-free...like Diet DP.
- Dublin (my cat). She lives on!
- My Savior and His sacrifice for little old undeserving imperfect me.
- Getaways...with friends and family.
- My new roommate.
- Pinesol (is it that wrong that its an aphrodisiac?)
- Family together forever.
- A rockin' live concert. Nothing can beat it.
- Forgiveness.
- "The Nice Ones" (you know how you are.)
- My employment. Not just because I have a job, but because I LOVE my job.
- Laughter. It heals.
- Scrabble.
- Second chances.
- The feeling of PEACE. We only tend to notice it when its gone.
- McKenna, Tyler, Kylie Sue, Anthony, Phoenix and baby Brough on the way.
- Our founding fathers who made brave moves to bring about the inspired path of this country.
- Yellowstone. Where God goes to get away.
- Ironport.
- The ever present, unceasing love of my Heavenly Father. He's always around, I've just never realized it until now.
- Charity. Its true, it has a healing affect on the soul.
- Stephenie Meyers for helping me prove that not only could I read, but I could read a lot! Its miraculous to say the least.
- My testimony.
- Unconditional friendships.
- FUN...my favorite three letter word.
- Capitalism. May it never ever go away.
- Gang Panang and smothered burritos.
- Hope, in the future.
- You.

4 comments:

JennJam said...

I love you, Ames.

Kristin said...

I'm thankful for you too!

Is Morley gone?

Achtung Amy! said...

No, she's still around but poor Dublin was diagnosed with liver failure. She was real sick for a while but she's doing better.

Achtung Amy! said...

No, she's still around but poor Dublin was diagnosed with liver failure. She was real sick for a while but she's doing better.