CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mother Nature Took One Too Many Happy Pills


So, I heard yesterday that there is apparently a huge influx in spiders this fall in Utah. This came from a new employee who was covered in spider bites (shudder). So, we got to talking and I found out a) I didn't know what a deadly Hobo Spider looked like and I should, they are pretty common b) there is apparently some really freaky spiders here in Utah. (i.e.: Brown Recluse, Rocky Mtn Recluse, and the new Salt Flat Spider).

This prompted me to visit my basement dwelling roommate (despite the fact that spiders love basements) Lori to discuss. We peeped around on the internet (just a warning, it's way freaking and makes you itch). However, we came across quite the "happy" little spider actually called the Happy Face Spider. They live in Hawaii. Now when you look at them, you're going to think that someone was bored and did some Photo Shopping....this is not the case. Do not be fooled...they are real. Maybe these spiders are just Bobby McFerrin fans (ba da bing). Okay, so only Mare and I are laughing on that one...or maybe just me. I'm lame.

Seriously, you've got to check them out: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=happy+face+spiders&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

1 comments:

Singing Reep said...

Ewww..just reading your blog makes me itch!! Jon was chopping wood last night at Mom and Dad's house...and there was the BIGGEST spider that popped up!!! It was HUGE!!! ....And then, he chopped it in half!!!! LOL.....sucker! K....I'm not making much sense.