CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Amy Has Left The Building

As most know, this has been the hardest year of my life (and I've had a few "very hard" years before). I haven't been one to use my blog as a means to share my vulnerabilities as others have...but I guess true to form with my "new" blog, I'm making a change where that is concerned...well, at least today.

I have heard it several times ... "Amy, you are just not you lately". Well, the truth of the matter is that the old Amy is never coming back. One doesn't travel through hell, fire and brimstone and look the same on the other side. Its unreasonable to expected that of me. I truly hope to come out better and stronger for the tough journey and the hard lessons learned but that does take time. Moral of the story is...old Amy is never coming back. New Amy hasn't yet arrived...but she will.

CORRECTION: I would be terribly remissed if I didn't also note that I've also had amazing and great experiances in the last year. I've had great love, countless blessings, and spiritual insight that have shaped me. To overlook those things would be a great sin. These things are what drive me through the tough times when I don't think I can't make it.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I must be a horrible friend. I'm so sorry things are/have been rough. What can I do?

Kate said...

Welcome, new Amy! I am excited to get to know you... though I did love the old you. I'm excited about your metamorphosis. xoxo

Melissa and Jeff said...

OK, so first, ain't change and challenge super fun?! Second, how do you create the signature? Three, what did the old blog not allow you to do creatively? Four, how do I create a page like Britta's where there are three columns? I need help!! Five, love the new site... xo, Melis

Kristy said...

That's funny my cousins band wrote a song called Amy isn't Amy anymore. Why can't the old Amy just come back stronger not change all together?