CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not Just a Cliché




Do people really help little old ladies across the road? WHY YES THEY DO. And not just "people", but Michelvis. Its true and very surreal! I was like, "is this really happening, its so cliché?"

Today as we were running a work errand, we were stopped at a red light when we saw the oldest/shortest lady in the most colorful attire with a hat, sunglasses, bag, and a walker trying make her way across the street in front of us....VERY slowly.

We pondered this situation aloud...

Amy - "Think she'll make it?"
Michelle - "Its still green, she has time."
(we watched for a few seconds)
Amy - "Are you sure?"
Michelle - "No. Crap, she's not gonna make it!"

Michelle jumps out of my car to rescue grandma who was about to be mowed down by 3 lanes of traffic. The light turned green. A female pedestrian, seeing this crisis unfolding, jumped out into traffic to stop approaching cars. (We are women, here us roar!) Michelle grabbed grandma's bag and her arm to get her moving a bit faster. That was probably the right move as in my mind, I was thinking that Michelle might pick her up and throw her over her shoulders (she was tiny and time was of the essence). The lady says to Michelle "you're pulling me too fast!" Michelle had to explain to her it was so she didn't get KILLED!!!!!

Two days later, they'd both made it safety across the street. It didn't take as long as it takes John to heat up taquitos, but it sure was close. I just sat there watching and shaking my head thinking "did this just really happen?"

This is proof people...its not just a cliché (though this boy scout was wearing stilettos and earrings and does hip thrusts like Elvis.)

3 comments:

Natalie Puikkonen said...

That is a great story. So glad you witnessed it and glad Michelle helped out the lady.

Carrie said...

should have ran her over ;)

JennJam said...

My hero!

And Amy, your storytelling was perfecto! I didn't want the story to end!!

(Glad you didn't get HIT, Mich - - did you hear about the Good Samaritan who helped push people out of the way of an oncoming truck, got hit himself, and while injured in the hospital, found out that he had been issued a ticket for JAYWALKING??!! True story - I heard about it today. Colorado, was it??? Not sure on that one.)

Glad you're all ok, and that Amy was inspired!

Michelle, since I'm older than you, I'm moving to Utah when I have to have a walker so you can supervise my excursions.