CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Amy's Birthday: The Musical

Birthdays can be a little less forgiving with each passing year and sadly I look forward to them less and less. I really try to not let them bother me and make the most of them if I can.

This year, my birthday started out emotionally handicapped but thanks to some very amazing people in my life, it was absolutely fabulous! Who knew that spending my big evening in my p.j.'s surrounded by my wonderful friends, singing along to Mama Mia (and annoying the crap out of Lori) could be the freakin' time of my life!? What more could this birthday girl ask for?

A GIANT THANKS TO....

- Job...I mean Carrie. thank you for the rather hairy and well endowed cake. You're freakin' hilarious! (Someone send me a picture). And thank you for not spreading your bad luck around. (I just checked and my tires are still holding air).

- Lori, thank you for offering to make French toast in bed...but then not actually following through. (No really, thanks for not spreading your bug. Get well soon.)

- Uyen and Michelle...for my greek dinner. :) mmmmm.

- KC, Mare, Lowder, Michelle, Stacie, Lori, Lingwall, Kelli, and Uyen...thanks for the cash! Can't go wrong with cash right?

- Michelle, thank you for the book, going to get a pedicure with me AND making my greek musical desire come true. That freakin' rocked! You always make the magic happen. How you do that?

- And a final thank you to my "icing on my birthday cake". You know who you are. You are too too sweet. Thank you for remembering and going beyond what was necessary or expected.

I'm a very blessed and loved birthday girl. You all rocked my 33 year old arse off! I don't need my life to be as happy as a musical as long as I have you all in my life.

2 comments:

lizzo said...

Ames, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it last night and even more sorry I didn't call or write! I even thought about you all day! I'm so sorry, I suck.

I am glad you had a great day! You are loved.

Melissa and Jeff said...

Amy, I'm so sorry I didn't realize it was your birthday! Happy Birthday - I hope you had a great time! I think it was last year it hit on a horrible winter snow storm night?? It was still good times. xo