CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bragging Rights

I work for the BEST company!!!! No really, I do...

We learned that my company was named a 2009 winner of "Utah's Best Place To Work". I mean, I already knew this but this just makes it official. I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED! (See what free milk, crackers and Thursday "Treat Day" can buy ya.)

This is BIG news, particularly for my department. Its been a major goal of HR's to get us this title. We've worked very hard and it feels oh-so-good. Looks like "Mind that Bird" isn't the only one standing in the winner's circle this week.

Department of Workforce Service's award staff said: "This year the amount of nominations almost doubled from last year. Because of the large number of nominations and the high quality of the companies, the competition was especially fierce."

We've been trying to win for the last five years!!! Interestingly enough, this happens to be the one year that Michelle has been on our HR team. Coincidence? You be the judge.

I'm off to celebrate...again (company champagne toast was this morning for breakfast.)

6 comments:

Singing Reep said...

Breakfast of winners....maybe Northrop will start including it in our luncheons! Congrats!

Michelvis said...

YAY Equitable! Thanks for free milk and juice, Thursday treat day and most of all thank you for Sargeant Reynolds!

Carrie said...

YEA! I left 2 weeks too soon!

LDeSbian said...

Wanna know how you got that award? Because SHPI (my previous company) wasn't in the running this year. EFFING BARD!!!

Congrats and I too thank Equitable for the free choco milk!

Amen

JennJam said...

Congrats to you, Amy and Michelle!
(Although I shouldn't thank Michelle on your blog, Ames - - that will teach her to update her own, eh??!!!)

I'm so glad your company achieved this honor - - that's wonderful!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Very cool!